Inspirations: Julie finds her inspiration in the wonder of daily life. An optimist by nature, she sees the light and shapes that arise out the simple scenes around her. Much of what Julie found beautiful growing up in Maine continues to inspire her to bring that beauty to life on canvas and board.
University of Maine
State University of New York
Julie was born and raised in Waterville, Maine as part of a French Canadian family. There she spent her early years along with her brother and three sisters experiencing this Northern New England community. For 30 years she lived in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, while spending her summers at her home along the coast of Maine – where she has now retired from her music and nursing careers and devotes full time to painting.
Julie began her artistic career as a musician and singer. She performed for many years with an a cappella group called The “Moonbeams”, performing in locations throughout New England . As a part of her musical career, Julie wrote and arranged “jingles” and was the recipient of a national award for her arrangement of the “Daily Dough” commercial for the Maine MegaBucks.
In 2000, Julie began spending her summers in Belfast. There she shared a studio with her sister, a professional artist. Julie began painting the landscapes, barns and wildlife that experienced daily along Mid Coast Maine. Since that time she has had successful shows in Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Florida.
- Hutchinson Center Show “Something funny’s going
on here” Belfast Maine 2015
- Holiday Show Betts Gallery, Belfast Maine 2015
- Gallery B Castine, Maine 2014 to present
- River Arts Damariscotta Me. Juried Show “Sheepscot
- Maine Farmland Trust “Paint the Farm” 2015
- Harlow Gallery juried show Hallowell Me 10/ 2014
- Farmland Trust: “That ole Barn Show” 10/2014
- Annual show, High Street Gallery, Belfast, Maine, 2008 – 2014
- Bowersock Gallery, Provincetown, Ma and Mount Dora Fla
- Boston International Fine Arts Show, 2013-14
- 100 Market Street, Portsmouth, New Hampshire 2013
Best Artist Award
- Waterville Fine Arts juried show Waterville Maine 2010
- Families First juried show, Portsmouth NH 2007 First Place Award
- Lowell’s Boat Shop, juried show, Amesbury, Massachusetts 2012
- River Arts Gallery, juried show, Damariscotta, Maine, 2011/2012
- Waterville Fine Arts, juried show, Waterville, Maine, 2010
- Christine’s Gallery, Rye, New Hampshire, 2009
- Families First, juried show, Portsmouth, New Hampshire, 2007,
First Place Award
- Boston International Fine Arts Show, 2013 and 2014
- Member, River Arts, Damariscotta, Maine
- Member, Belfast Arts, Belfast, Maine